Wednesday, 3 May 2017

The Coal Hole

The Coal Hole - Thursday 20th April 2017

91-92 Strand, London WC2R 0DW
It has been a while since I have been out for a pint. Lack of cash due to unemployment is beginning to bite now so my nights and days out are becoming rarer. That said, I had not seen SH or RT for many a moon, so I decided I would have to go to the meet up to catch up. All seems well with the pair of them and both were on fine form this evening. This visit was purely a drinking session - no food was bought here as my wallet could not stretch that far this time.

Anyway, onto the beers. I managed to get through five different beers this evening but there were still many more I could have sampled. As we are all getting on a bit these days, a late night out for us all is around 9:30pm! We managed to get in four hours at the bar though, so not a bad session overall.

Beers drunk on this visit :

1) Nicholson's Pale Ale (4.2%) - St Austell Brewery, Cornwall - A smooth, golden ale with citrus flavours
2) Two Tides (4.6%) - Sharp's Brewery, Rock, Cornwall - a slightly bitter, malty pale ale
3) Tribute (4.2%) - St Austell Brewery, Cornwall - a light, hoppy English pale ale
4) Proper Job (5.5%) - St Austell Brewery, Cornwall - a zesty IPA
5) Florida Black (4.5%) - Black Wolf Brewery, Stirling, Scotland - a sweet, chocolatey stout

No comments:

Post a Comment